Stay Informed About COVID-19
If you have questions about the COVID-19 coronavirus, you're not alone. We want to make sure our members have the latest updates to stay safe and informed during this time.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): What You Need to Know from Alignment Healthcare on Vimeo.
If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms, call first
The most common symptoms of patients with COVID-19 are fever, cough and shortness of breath, but occasionally symptoms are more severe. There is currently no cure or vaccine for this virus. If you are an Alignment member and develop these or any flu-like symptoms:
- In California - To speak to a doctor by phone or video, Alignment Health Plan members can call Teladoc at 1-844-227-6955 24 hours a day, seven days a week, or log in to your Teladoc member account. If you need help activating your Teladoc account, call our ACCESS On-Demand Concierge team at 1-833-242-2223, TTY 711, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- In Wake County, North Carolina
- Humana Gold Plus members affiliated with Alignment can visit mdlive.com/humanamedicare or call 1-888-673-1992, TTY 711, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- FirstMedicare Direct members affiliated with Alignment can visit mdlive.com/alignment or call 1-844-227-6953, TTY 1-800-770-5531, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
How to protect yourself and others
The best way to protect yourself and others during this outbreak is to slow the spread of the virus by keeping these helpful tips in mind:
- Maintain social distance - Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others, especially those who are coughing or sneezing, and avoid crowded areas to decrease exposure to the flu or other viral illnesses
- Wash your hands frequently - Wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol, and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth to decrease the risk of infection
- Limit nonurgent, elective appointments - To ensure hospitals and doctor's offices have the capacity and equipment to care for the sickest patients, providers are postponing some elective or nonurgent surgeries and procedures, including dental care; contact your doctor's office if you have any questions about an upcoming appointment. If your appointment was canceled and you still wish to talk to a doctor, contact the number on the back of you member ID card for further assistance
- Seek medical care early - If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, stay home and call your health care provider immediately
If you develop any flu-like symptoms, our team can talk about your symptoms, travel history and recent contact with anyone who may be infected with the virus. If it is determined that you have a different virus, our doctors can provide support to help relieve your symptoms.
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html